v

Monday, September 28, 2009

Ceritera 197




Starting With Ourselves

When i was young and free and

my imagination had no limits,

I dreamed of changing the world.


As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the

world would not change, so I shortened my sights

somewhat and decided to change only my country.


But it too, seemed immovable.


As I grew into my twilight years, in one

last desperate attempt, I settled for changing

only my family, those closest to me;

but alas, they would have none of it.


And now as i lie on my death bed, I suddenly

realize: If only I had changed myself first,

then by example I would have changed my family.


From their inspiration and encouragement,

I would have been able to better my country

and who knows, I may heve even

changed the world.


No comments: